About our Camp
Harmony Music House has a developed a Summer Guitar Camp for students that are at a beginner playing level. Our campers will be introduced to the beginning fundamentals of guitar playing, which include, tuning, learning chords, playing single note melodies, rhythm techniques, and more. Each day the students will be introduced to new songs, and continue playing the songs that have already been introduced. We will cover material that ranges from Folk and Bluegrass, The Beatles, and modern popular music. We can even survey the kids to see what kind of music they are interested in playing, and make adjustments.
In order to break up three hours of straight guitar instruction, the campers will have a chance to get outside. North Boulder Park is right around the corner, and as long as the weather is permitting, we will take a walk to the park to get some energy out, and have a little free time.
Instrument required - yes ( There are many styles of guitars. An acoustic guitar, or a nylon string guitar will be best suited for this class). If your child doesn't have a guitar on hand, we do have a few guitars available, but please let us know if you need one so we can reserve it for you. Acoustic guitars can be purchased at a fairly inexpensive rate. You might want to try Craigslist, or we can guide you if you'd like to buy something new.
Dates & details
- Each session is four days long (Mon-Thurs) from 10:30 - 1:30
- The cost for the session is $150 (we do offer 15% off for friends and siblings) please call or email for the discounted rate.
- Each session has a four person minimum in order for the class "to make".
- The minimum age is nine (In order to keep the class on pace, we will not enroll younger children)
- It is required to have a guitar for this camp (If you need a guitar email us, we can help you with that)
- Extra private instruction. We have a limited amount of space for a daily 30 minute private lesson before or after each day of camp (DELUXE CAMP) If you are signing up for this option we will email you to get the extra lessons scheduled.
Session 1 | June 11-14
Session 2 | June 25 -28
Session 3 | July 30 - August 2
About the instructor
I began playing guitar at the age of 12. Guitar was my first instrument, and I have found it to be one of most diverse instruments, that blends with almost every style of music that is out there. My guitar journey began with an obsession of classic rock music. As the years went by I played in many bands and continued my study of the instrument. Eventually, I found myself at South Plains College in Levelland, TX, where I studied folk and bluegrass music. I am well versed in teaching many string instruments which include, banjo, mandolin, bass, ukulele, and of course guitar.
My passion for music led me to teaching, and sharing the magic of music with students of all ages. I have lots of experience teaching children, and have adapted to a teaching style that is effective and fun. I believe that the best way to teach music is to find out what kind of music is exciting to the student, and follow that path. Music is something that you can take with you for the rest of your life, and it should be an enjoyable learning experience. I look forward to playing music with your children, and showing them the joy that making music creates.